Posted by Heather on January 19, 2012
What is it that I do all day? Well, since I am a stay at home mom, I pretty much just lay around watching soap operas and/or talkshows all day, right?
If only I had the time…
Here is yet another glimpse into my day. And this is based on notes I took from my actual day yesterday:
- 5:15am wake up time…but hit the 5 minute snooze button
- 5:20- roll out of bed, rub my eyes, and realize the dog is whining to go out
- 5:21-go downstairs, tripping over the kitten again, and let the dog out
- 5:22 trip over kitten and older cat as I try and get their food into their bowl
- 5:25 let dog back in, start coffee pot
- 5:26 feed dog, start cup of coffee
- 5:26:30 coffee is done! (love that keurig!!)
- 5:27 go into living room, start fire in wood stove, and enjoy quiet cup of coffee
- 5:28 forgot to feed chickens and rabbits, and go outside to do so
- 5:40 have some devotional time
- 6:00 wake up hubby, get his coffee going, and let the dog out again
- 6:15 have breakfast with hubby, get second cup of coffee going for myself
- 6:30 forget that coffee was brewing for me, jump into shower
- 7:15 kiss hubby good bye as he leaves or work. Discover cold cup of coffee, brew another
- 7:16-8:00 fold laundry, hang up new load to dry
- 8:00-8:45 work in kitchen, feeding sourdough, water and milk kefir, make children’s breakfast
- 8:46-9:30 children eat breakfast, get dressed and start on chores as I empty dishwasher and clean up breakfast dishes
- 9:31-12:00- homeschool children, switching back and forth from algebra, pre-algebra and times tables several times over. Add in some mitochondria and phonics. All while texting friend about day, and wondering what to have for lunch. Don’t forget that I made crackers and hummus in between math lessons.
- 12:01-1:100 lunch time. Make lunch, feed children, clean up kitchen and dining room. Show children a youtube video from the 80′s and pretend to be upset that they call me old. We share a good laugh, and then I sweep the floors while they empty the garbage, collect the eggs, and finish chores.
- 1:01- read a post on comparing yourself to others. Get inspired and wonder how I can be like them, and not compare myself to others. (please let me know if you figure out why that’s funny!)
- 1:45 sit down to write blog post, and lose inspiration.
- 1:46 try and revamp look of blog, but decide that it’s best left to hubby.
- 1:50 try and sit down to read to self, but youngest wants to be read to.
- 1:51 Read SkippyJonJones 8 times in a row, in best Spanish accent
- 2:30 get meat out of freezer into the fridge for the week
- 2:45 remember that I need to make eye doc appointments; I call and get promptly placed on hold for 5 minutes
- 3:00 find second cup of coffee from this morning, and lament that it went cold before I could drink it again.
- 3:01 decide to make pizza for dinner before 4H meeting
- 3:02-5:00 work on Bible study, and mediate arguments over games, legos, and books
- 5:01-6:15 dinner preparations and eating, and clean up
- 6:30-8:00 4H Goat club meeting
- 8:15 home again, driving in white out conditions (gotta love the weather here!) and having some person follow right behind me, close enough to see in my trunk! and get kids a bath/shower
- 8:16 find that I still havent poured out that cup of coffee, nor have I even drank it
- 8:30-9:15 watch an episode of Psych with hubby, put kids to bed
- 9:20 let dog out
- 9:30 go over “hot spots” in house, general straightening, and get ready for bed
- 10:00 into bed, where I fall asleep reading
And that, my dear friends, is just one day for me! So, I have plenty of time to laze around and eat bon bons, right?
“Any mother is a working mother”